Friday, November 16, 2007

Useless link blog

This might end up just being a transparent attempt to link to a wide array of posts elsewhere on the web in the hopes it'll get 3 more people to view this stupid blog.

So why do it? I don't know. Anyone who bothers to write on the internet wants more clicks and readers (any real writer wants more readers). I'm not doing this to get views, but I'm caught in the stupid phase of worrying about it. I'm better off just focusing on using this as a journal (?), but even better off writing about things that pop in my head, or having any comment on other blogs I read.

Oh well, here we go!

  • Marginal Revolution, "Why are there no grocery stores in poor neighborhoods?" - The answer? Several factors: they have failed in the past, the companies are used to having giant parking lots, it's hard to have a car in a city, real estate is expensive, low profit margins, and others. In Baltimore, where I have a friend in the know, they get by this by having very very expensive corner stores.
  • Top 10 Legal Mistakes for Technology Companies - These apply to more than just a tech company, such as JG Architectural, which sells top-tier "green" flooring products. Do I know the owner and founder? Have I done "consulting" for him? Yes and yes.
  • Turning the Tables on Telemarketers - THIS IS AWESOME. First, I love Get Rich Slowly. Read it, subscribe to the RSS feed. Second, they give you a series of questions to ask them, which if they answer "yes" to, you can sue them! I have to include them:
  1. “Are you calling to sell something?” (or “is this a telemarketing call?”)
  2. “Could you tell me your full name please?”
  3. “And a phone number, area code first?”
  4. “What’s the name of the organization you’re calling for?”
  5. “Does that organization keep a list of numbers it’s been asked not to call?”
  6. “I would like my number(s) put on that list. Can you take care of that now?”
  7. “And does the company you work for also make telemarketing calls for any other organizations?” (If they answer no, skip the next question.)
  8. (If yes) “Can you make sure your company won’t call me for any other organization?”
  • Cheap Healthy Good - Chock full o' good tips. I'm all for frugal, not cheap. My boss recently confirmed I'm frugal, and not cheap. Which is nice. But I also do about 57% of his work, so who knows...
That's it, maybe every other day I'll do this, at least I'm adding in comments. I WANT to do comments, I want to add something. We'll see.

And yeah, STILL not doing a good job with business related content that I want to have here.

0 comments:

Lijit Ad Wijit