For a more detailed view, see my LinkedIn profile
Delivered a white paper and presentation to NGA titled “Revamping NGA's Customer Needs Analysis Process”. Also delivered a presentation to NGA titled “Implementing NGA's Systems Engineering Strategy - A Strategic Portfolio Management Approach” Capability trades between solutions, including Analysis of Alternatives. Successfully created and wrote several CONOPs briefs, risk mitigation plans, and systems requirements documents. Ability to think creatively and understand economic, political, demographic and social market trends. Strong understanding of Metrics and Modeling (statistical heuristics and regression analysis) and Global Best Practices.
· Tools Experience – Advanced tools experience with Microsoft Office, Access and Visio; Rational Requisite Pro and SoDA, Telelogic DOORS
· Systems Engineering - Managed 25 FTE team of systems engineering and request for change (RFC) staff. Developed and implemented a database-based requirements course of action (COA) management tool that maintained more than 1,500 requirements, 160 COAs, their metadata, and their linkages.
· Requirements Analysis - Assessed and redesigned the NGA requirements analysis process, developed strategic prioritization framework. Previous experience participating and leading Tiger Teams with NGA regarding areas such as GEOINT Metadata and Cross-Organizational Look at NGA Systems Activities from the DOTMLPF (Doctrine, Organization, Training , Materiel, Leadership, Personnel , Facilities) perspective.
· Business Analysis - Wrote the Concept of Operations (CONOPS) for NGA Mobile Support Tactical Capabilities (MSTC). Developed process metrics, designed and performed systems testing, performed Analysis of Alternatives including performance assessments.
· Project Management - Developed and maintained the integrated project schedule, coordinated the activities and dependencies of the systems engineering projects.
Team Lead & IT Consultant / MARKON, Inc. / State Department & USAID / F Bureau Support (September 2009 – Present)
· Lead team of 3 FTE in the analysis and development of IT documentation
· Lead planning for the consolidation of two disparate IT systems
· Developed System Engineering & Design Document, System Requirements Specification, Test Plan, Data Quality Plan, Operations & Maintenance Plan, Configuration Manual, and ETL Execution Plan
· Manage IT and documentation requirements of two government agencies, multiple governance boards, and new Administration
Facilities Support - Market Insight Analyst / MARKON, Inc. / Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) / Integrated Enterprise Support (INEZ) (February 2009 – August 2009)
· Assessment of Obama administration’s energy policy and impact to FS, as well as overview of 2009 political players and policymakers
· Mock up of an employee innovation and process improvement submission system, in the implementation phase as of April 2009
· Assessment of impact of Obama administration memorandum on use of contractors
· Analysis of Novartis corporate headquarters design concept, used to define an initial concept of FS future state
· Feasibility and return on investment (ROI) analysis of construction technique
· Research and analysis of federal government ergonomics best practices
· Feasibility assessment of piezoelectric entrance system
· Feasibility assessment of green roof systems for existing facilities
· Assessment of Innovation and Process Improvement (I&PI) submitted Facilities employee ideas to improve customer performance
· Overview of US Green Building Council’s (USGBC) Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design’s (LEED) Existing Build: Operations & Maintenance (LEED-EBOM) certification, assessment and recommendations for implementation for existing facilities
· Presented a briefing at the Facilities Support organization’s senior leadership offsite
Acquisition Analyst / MARKON Inc / Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Transportation Security Agency (TSA), TSA Operating Platform (TOP) Project Management Organization (PMO) and Operational Application Support and Information Services (OASIS) Quality Assurance Surveillance Plan (QASP) (June 2008 – December 2008)
· For the QASP, developed program of record documents:
o Mission Needs Statement – establishes the mission in question which requires some level of funding for increased capabilities (IT or other)
o Capabilities Gap – identifies the lack of capabilities (IT or other)
o Analysis of Alternatives – identifies the potential solution alternatives, and assesses them within the mission trade space
o Acquisition Plan – establishes the overall acquisition approach for the program
o LCCE -
· For the TOP $1B+ IT Infrastructure:
o Developed the strategy and integrated plan for all TOP Integrated Product Team (IPT), In-progress Reviews (IPR), and Program Management Reviews (PMRs)
o Rewrote Project Management Plan (PMP) to comply with DoD and PMI standards
o Resolved budget discrepancy and established basis of estimate (BOE) for future year budgeting for cost/benefit determinations
Deputy Section Manager & National Systems for Geospatial Intelligence (NSG) Systems Engineer Team Lead / IBM / National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA), National System for Geospatial-Intelligence (NSG)
Engineering (EE) (June 2007 - April 2008) Enterprise
· Deputy Manager for an 83 full time equivalent (FTE) section of systems engineering professionals, ensuring coordination and integration between Team level schedules and analysis
· Managed 25 FTE team of systems engineering and request for change (RFC) staff.
· Developed a strategic acquisition priorities framework for NGA’s Acquisition Engineering Directorate, which incorporated mission and operational environment needs as well as NGA funding strategies. Utilized regression analysis of prior funding decisions for strategy validation.
· Developed and maintained the integrated project schedule, coordinated the activities and dependencies of the systems engineering projects.
· Verified the systems engineering quality and on time delivery of those products to the client.
Team Lead and Senior Systems Engineer / National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA), National System for Geospatial-Intelligence (NSG),
Engineering (EE) Enterprise
(May 2006 – June 2007)
· Managed a 14 member team responsible for requirements analysis and systems engineering solution development.
· Team provides new capability development and existing system modification systems engineering expertise for NGA’s Acquisition Engineering Directorate.
· Senior systems engineer expertise in the analysis of NGA user requirements. Included full Doctrine/Organization/Training/Materiel/Leadership/Personnel/Facilities (DOTMPLF) considerations.
· Developed and maintained the integrated project schedule, coordinated the activities and dependencies of the systems engineering projects, and managed customer engagement.
· Responsible for verifying the systems engineering quality and on time delivery of those products to the client.
Technical Environment: Microsoft Access, Project, and Visio.
Team Lead / National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA), National System for Geospatial-Intelligence (NSG),
Engineering (EE) (May 2005 - May 2006) Enterprise
· Managed an 8-member team responsible for requirements analysis and systems engineering assessments.
· As Team Lead, developed and maintained an integrated project schedule, coordinated systems engineering activities, and provided senior systems engineering guidance with domain expertise for NGA’s archive and dissemination (A&D) capabilities.
Request for Change (RFC) Lead / National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA), National System for Geospatial-Intelligence (NSG),
Engineering (EE) (January 2005 – May 2005) Enterprise
· Wrote the Concept of Operations (CONOPS) for NGA
Mobile Support Tactical Capabilities (MSTC),
· Decomposed the CONOPS to write the MSTC Topical Requirements document.
· Wrote the Systems Requirements Document (SRD), wrote the RFC documentation, coordinated impacts to other systems, and delivered concept briefings to senior and executive level NGA review boards.
· Developed the RFC project and risk management plan.
· Managed the RFC team by leading weekly senior level Integrated Product Team (IPT) Technical Exchange Meetings (TEM), provided status updates, and coordinated of seven IPT members.
Requirements Analyst / National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA), National System for Geospatial-Intelligence (NSG),
Engineering (EE) (August 2003 – January 2005) Enterprise
· Created the systems requirement specification format for a custom-developed business value modeling tool.
· Analyzed NGA requirement and capability submissions for technical clarity, budgeting, and requirements traceability and presented them to the NGA requirements board.
· Developed and implemented a database-based requirements course of action (COA) management tool that maintained more than 1,500 requirements, 160 COAs, their metadata, and their linkages.
· Wrote the Concept of Operations for NGA Mobile Support Tactical Capabilities (MSTC), which he used to co-write the NGA MSTC Requirements document.
· EE lead for the Request for Change (RFC) process to officially document and baseline the MSTC program. Co-wrote the MSTC RFC document, coordinated impacts to other systems, incorporated RFC feedback into the document, and delivered concept briefings to executive level boards.
Requirements Manager /
Department of the Treasury, Internal Revenue Service (IRS), Customer Account Data Engine (CADE) (January 2003 – August 2003) U.S.
· Tasked by the IRS to review and refine CADE Systems requirements in order to fully define the requirements and to develop traceability with other system components.
· Coordinated requirements management practices between multiple requirements repository managers, participated on the Engineering Review Board, reviewed and updated previous versions of requirements that were used in this process.
· Created the CADE project system requirements.
· Formulized the system requirements text and attributes.
Technical Environment: Rational RequisitePro.
Data Analyst /
Department of the Treasury, Internal Revenue Service (IRS), Filing and Payment Compliance (FPC) (October 2002 – January 2003) U.S.
· Tasked by IRS to analyze and develop the conceptual and logical data models for the FPC system.
· Modeled and defined conceptual and logical data entities for the FPC component of the system.
· Defined the associations of conceptual and logical entities, identified data requirements for FPC communication with other system components, and was the liaison between FPC and other system components data modelers for data issues.
· Managed and defined traceability between FPC requirements and IRS enterprise architecture requirements.
· Technical Environment: Rational (Rose, RequisitePro, SoDA, Extensibility Interface).
XML Developer / Deposit Trust and Clearing Corporation (DTCC), Data Analytics and Link for Intermediaries (DALI) (July 2002 – October 2002)
· The DALI system was funded through a consortium of four major investment brokerages that tasked firm to develop DALI as a partnership.
· Created and executed test cases for the DALI system to verify and debug fixes for the development and production environments.
· Designed and created test cases used to test the functionality of the in-development reporting functionality, and to test the system’s payment processing logic.
· Analyzed system errors in coordination with the development of system fixes.
· Technical Environment: XML, SQL Plus, TOAD, SecureFX, Oracle.
Requirements Analyst /
U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ), Executive Office for Attorneys (EOUSA) (February 2002 to July 2002) United States
· Tasked by EOUSA to provide an analysis of its criminal and civil debt collection systems.
· Configured and administered the requirements management tool, in addition to capturing and maintaining system requirements.
· Administered the firm’s proprietary project management tool, AcendantTeam, and led meetings using the facilitation tool GroupSystems.
· Trained his project team in the use of project applications and created and maintained a database to track current output from the debt tracking systems.
· Led the review and business process modeling efforts during one of the DOJ site visits.
· Technical Environment: Rational (RequisitePro, SoDA), GroupSystems.
Requirements Analyst / Confidential Financial Services Corporation, Legacy Financial Assets Applications Replacement Program (November 2001 to January 2002)
· Tasked by client to replace more than 40 legacy systems.
· Created requirements, created use cases, process flowcharts, and HTML system screenshots and created a detailed listing of all book and tax accounting data elements, system screens, business rules, and system interfaces.
· EVM and Work Breakdown Structures
· Earned Value Management (EVM)
· IBM RequisitePro certified
· IBM Complex Project Management Certification
· Numerous citations for performance, including 2 citations from NGA Acquisitions, as well as 4 consecutive Program Manager Letters of Recognition on NGA project
· 4 IBM Service Excellence Awards
TS/SCI with Full Scope Polygraph
- B.S., Business Administration, Management, Bucknell University, 2001
- M.B.A., University of Maryland Smith School of Business, 2007