Friday, November 16, 2007

Tasks tasks everywhere - but not at home

Oh, I have tasks at home, that's for sure.

But I don't know what they ARE. Why? I keep my tasks together at my office computer with MSFT Outlook's Task List. But I can't access that list at home (unless I constantly kill trees and print them out).



I want my tasks at work, and at home. And for that matter, anywhere I am on a computer or my cell phone (with new, not so fast, Cingular wireless internet).

Remember the Milk is a pretty good tool. I have used it, never fell in love with it, and found its offline capabilities really not so hot. It has integration with Google Calendar, but it really slows down that tools performance. And instead of having to click on a drop down list to see my tasks for that day, I want to see all my tasks for every day I'm looking at (duh!).

So in a recent Gmail survey I got, I demanded a Task List feature. So that puts me up there with about 450,000 other people.

There are a million or so other online tools, but few have the Gmail integration. I also would like Outlook integration, but that doesn't seem likely.

Sigh. Killing trees it is?

0 comments:

Lijit Ad Wijit