Monday, September 3, 2007

Terps win, but...

Terps win against a much weaker opponent, the Villanova whatevers, who are very much NOT a "league formerly known as I-AA" powerhouse (witness the App State upset of Michigan).

Overall, I'd give the Terps a C+. They at least executed against a weaker team. However, unless they spend the rest of the season playing Duke or Towson, things need to improve. Jordan Steffy, finally making a substantive appearance for MD was so-so. Fridge had some modest raves on his performance, but I thought he wasn't that great. He hit his receivers, made a few reads etc. However, 'Nova is much slower than anything else he'll see all season.


Overall, they didn't stink up the joint, plus I got some tasty funnel cake. (not my picture)

Next up? FIU!

Date Opponent / Event Location Time
09/01/07 vs. Villanova TV College Park, Md. W, 31-14
09/08/07 at Florida International TV Miami, Fla. 7:00 p.m. ET
09/13/07 vs. West Virginia TV College Park, Md. 7:45 p.m. ET
09/22/07 at Wake Forest Winston-Salem, N.C. TBA
09/29/07 at Rutgers Piscataway, N.J. TBA
10/06/07 vs. Georgia Tech College Park, Md. TBA
10/20/07 vs. Virginia (Homecoming) College Park, Md. TBA
10/27/07 vs. Clemson College Park, Md. TBA
11/03/07 at North Carolina Chapel Hill, N.C. TBA
11/10/07 vs. Boston College (Letterwinners Day) College Park, Md. TBA
11/17/07 at Florida State Tallahassee, Fla. TBA
11/24/07 at North Carolina State Raleigh, N.C. TBA

http://umterps.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/sched/md-m-footbl-sched.html

Things jump up a notch against WVU. Yes, I will be at the 9/13 game, and I will be on my best behavior less a hillbilly throws a Jack Daniels bottle at me.

0 comments:

Lijit Ad Wijit