Sunday, December 2, 2007

Why wait for NYE? How about a weekly resolution?

I hate New Year's Eve resolutions, I disagree with waiting for the end of the year to resolve to improve one's self. While it's cliche, I like to consider the premise of Kaizen (改善). Which when I learned of it, meant "the process of continuous self-improvement".

So my focus for the upcoming week? And what I will spend the first 15 minutes of my work day on? Being a better, and more involved boss. How will I do this?
  • Personally interact with every single of my 23+ staff (as Team Lead)- Often times I don't see them for an entire week, preferring to "leave them alone" and let me work my own items.
  • Review their most current milestones and deliverables - I feel like additional focus from their front line manager will assist them.
  • Interact with each Team Lead in my Section (as Deputy Section Lead) - As a team Lead, mentioned above, I have a few people reporting to me. As a Deputy Section Manager, I have 83+ in the form of 5 teams. I don't have a solid understanding each week of what they do. I need to do a better job.
  • I'm going to coordinate the week - I'm going to spend the other first 15 minutes of my Monday and make sure I know what is due, in my Section and my Team, and let people know I'm aware.
Things may not go better, but I'm not going to feel like I've forgotten or neglected things.

0 comments:

Lijit Ad Wijit