Wednesday, June 17, 2009

No more public Google Calendars?

calendar_sm2_en.gifI can no long search and find other calendards to incorporate into mine via Google Calendar.

Previously I could add calendars for the University of Maryland's football and basketball teams, and the Washington Redskins. I wanted to have the Washington Nationals so I could quickly tell when and against whom they are playing. But I can't find any option to add other calendars anymore.

Ah-ha! This feature was removed. WHAT? As the help forum makes clear, people aren't happy, and I'm not either.

Here is Google's reasoning for the removal of the feature, "These were specialized U.S. English-only features that weren't used as extensively as we would have liked, and proved difficult to maintain over time."

Lijit Ad Wijit